Surrey Women’s Centre is an energetic, professional, and growing not-for-profit agency that provides a variety of services to woman and their children who have experienced abuse. We are looking for volunteer Board members who are willing to share their professional skills and previous board experience.
In particular we are looking for skills sets such as fundraising, accounting, communications, or human resources. In return for your time and knowledge, we give you the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of women in Surrey.
- Commitment to the Surrey Women’s Centre’s mission, vision, policies, and values
- Provide leadership and oversight to the Surrey Women’s Centre
- Prepare for and participate in monthly board meetings, Annual General Meetings, committee meetings, and fundraising and/or community events, when required
- Assist in developing policies and provide overall direction and support for the Executive Director
- Oversee adherence to all bylaws, policies, and legal requirements
- Related post-secondary education, experience, training, and/or a combination of the above
- Exceptional interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills
- Knowledge of Surrey Women’s Centre’s values, principals, and ethics
- Specific experience or knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Human Resources
Total time commitment of at least 4-5 hours per month is required. A minimum two-year commitment is required for all new Board Members. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
If you are interested in joining the Board of Directors, please email your letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that your email’s subject line states: Board Member Application)